Christian was cinched up in his new back brace and strapped into a fancy chair when Peter and I saw him yesterday. He was in a sitting position after 17 days at "30 degree maximum" as he put it. (That's the most incline he is allowed in the bed.) It was so fun to hear his voice, though it's not quite his yet. He was laboring to talk and to stay alert, but he had his humor and was coherent.
As we were saying goodbye, he swelled with thanks for our visiting him and then he spoke so beautifully about prayer that I wrote it down after we left so I wouldn't forget. He said, "Thank you for the prayers. I feel them. I feel them. I've needed them more this past week [17 days, but who's counting :)] than I ever have in my life. And there have been times in here when I needed them so badly, and I could feel them. Keep them coming."
Christian's words remind me of this scripture:
"Pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." - James 5:16
This is reaffirmed more than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment