This quote is from a conference where Brigham Young asked / commanded the saints to rescue the pioneers suffering as they travelled to Utah. I have been thinking about this quote in light of the current request / commandment from the First Presidency to the California saints to protect families by supporting Proposition 8.
“I will tell you all,” said he, “that your faith, religion, and profession of religion, will never save one soul of you in the celestial kingdom of our God, unless you carry out just such principles as I am now teaching you. Go and bring in those people now on the plains, and attend strictly to those things which we call temporal, or temporal duties, otherwise your faith will be in vain; the preaching you have heard will be in vain to you, and you will sink to hell, unless you attend to the things we tell you” (Deseret News, Oct. 15, 1856, 252).
Brigham Young
Pretty strong words, but I believe they are true. Our faith, religion, and profession of religion will not save us unless we carry out the principles they teach.
No comments:
Post a Comment