Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I succumbed...

...and went into Ikea for the first time today.

I got a desk for my bedroom (it has black legs rather than the red shown here):

Ikea is crazy. I got lost several times. It's all horrid quality, but so terribly cheap and simple. I blistered my right hand screwing the legs on with a philips screwdriver, but the table, a black chair, and a box of orange crisps were all < $50. Not bad.

4 comments:

Whits said...

Its all about the experience of building your own furniture. It makes you appreciate it more.

jocie said...

what happened to your beautiful desk that you got off of craig's list?

kt said...

It's in my parents' basement. I can't fit it in my car and no one really has a car that can tote it. Don't worry though, I still have it :)

Anonymous said...

i love ikea. i also love pottery barn. quality of ikea might not be good, but it still fulfills its purpose in my life just as much as the expensive pottery barn furniture does. go figure.