Monday, March 14, 2011

Here is the cake in all its glory

The cake I made for the Relief Society birthday party. Photo credit: the amazing Bruce, of course.
It turned out beautifully, but I had to make a last minute substitution as I had forgotten to buy cream for the icing. I went ahead and used the remaining buttermilk (from the cake recipe) in the ganache. It tasted fine that evening, but a few days later the buttermilk flavor was rather strong (read: sour). Alack.

While we're on the subject of cakes, Bruce and I were in Idaho & Utah this last weekend and my sister-in-law Amanda made a rather delicious "strawberry shortcake" cake. Let's just say that if I had Bruce's metabolism she would not have taken home any leftovers... Yum!


[Strawberry Shortcake Cake recipe from Pioneer Woman here.]

1 comment:

amanda said...

Oh that is beautiful! ha ha, thanks for the shoutout...I'm glad it was as god as I hoped!