Thursday, March 10, 2011

Also, I'm baking a cake

Tonight is my church congregation's "Birthday Party" for our women's organization the Relief Society. Pretty much we're having dinner and 10+ cakes. I am making this amazing chocolate cake from Smitten Kitchen.

[Instead of coffee, I use raspberry extract to give the chocolate a richer flavor and to go with the raspberry filling option.]

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! It's going to be great! [see the results here.]

p.s. It turns out that Bruce isn't really that into cake. However, I knew this before marrying him. He still supports me in my baking efforts however by buying me 12+ boxes of cake flour for Christmas. You see, Marriage is all about Compromise.

1 comment:

amanda said...

that cake looks great. dude, dave isn't into cake either! I think I knew that before we got married, but maybe not since every year for his birthday I ask him what kind of cake he wants and he's like "I don't really like cake" and I'm like what!?

And this had inspired a blog post.