That you are a child of God, that He loves you and knows you by name.
- Abraham, Enoch, Moses, Enos, Joseph Smith, all addressed by name.
- "I am the Lord God Almighty ... and, behold, thou art my son..." (Moses 1:3-4)
- "Enoch, my son ..." (Moses 6:27)
- "Behold, thou art Hyrum, my son..." (D&C 11:23)
- "And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth." (1 Samuel 3:10)
- "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)
- "Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands.. Unto [them] have I said that they should love one another and that they should choose me, their Father." (Moses 7:32-33)
God knows your name and mine and one of the ways you can know you are receiving personal revelation is when you feel His love and know that He knows you by name.
2 comments:
I love coming on here, because it's a nice Spiritual break from the world! Good work!
it such an important (and yet often forgotten) truth! god does know us by name - we are his children :)
Post a Comment