A thing will not really live unless it first dies. It is simply no good trying to keep any thrill: that is the very worst thing you can do. Let the thrill go--let it die away--go on through that period of death into the quieter interest and happiness that follow--and you will find you are living in a world of new thrills all the time. But if you decide to make thrills your regular diet and try to prolong them artificially, they will all get weaker and weaker, and fewer and fewer, and you will be a bored, disillusioned old man for the rest of your life.
C. S. Lewis
I really appreciate this quote today because I am feeling that my life is very boring all of the sudden ... and while I am grateful for the lack of drama, I don't see a lot of thrills or life changes coming up. I made so many changes in December/January (6 months ago), and I was so accustomed to the uncertainty of my Chicago traveling days, that this steady state is starting to make me antsy :)
Enter the aforementioned quote. This is a great time for me to put "my house in order" so to speak. Now is the time to work hard, discard old habits, adopt new ones, and invest my time and energy in building great things - because I am not distracted nor encumbered by changes and thrills - and to appreciate the small and simple things, or "thrills," that are all around me.
And, as we know all too well, Change always comes soon enough ...
1 comment:
dear karren,
come to my house for a few days and you wont be bored anymore. we wont let you down. i promise
kisses
Post a Comment