Friday, June 15, 2007

If you build it, they will come

This Talk I love because I have been thinking so much about preaching the gospel - and how much we all need to teach and be taught!

Even though I have been taught so much by the scriptures, the prophets, and the efforts of my family and friends, I often struggle to
remember and so it is a great gift to have others teach me again and again - to remind me. In fact, that's why we have church, the scriptures, and the prophets - to continually cry repentance to us - so that we can REMEMBER.

Anyway, this specific talk by President Monson presents the idea of building bridges for each other - bridges to the gospel - and that if we build them, they (we!) will come.

I'm so grateful for the people who have built bridges for me and I hope that I can be more diligent and sincere in my efforts to build bridges for others.

p.s. The talk actually references Field of Dreams, so that's why I put the pic of the baseball field. PLUS it's summertime and who isn't in the mood to go to baseball games and watch Field of Dreams?????

p.p.s. My friend directed me to this talk by Elder Holland a few months ago, which is somewhat related.

No comments: