Monday, September 25, 2006

Quote of the Day

"It is incumbent upon each of us to do everything we can to increase our spiritual knowledge and understanding by studying the scriptures and the words of the living prophets. "
M. Russell Ballard

We have an obligation to study the scriptures regularly and to make our spiritual knowledge and understanding of the highest priority. When I consider the time I spend reading other (good!) books, looking at very cute clothes online (as evidenced by this blog...) or listening to music, it is humbling to realize that if I am not putting in a solid block of time to study the scriptures, then I am IN EFFECT putting the world first - even if the things of the world I am looking at / reading / researching are indeed lovely and of good report...

Let's renew our commitment and pray for the discipline to prioritize consistent and sincere scripture study.

No comments: