A long time ago... oh, perhaps as long as 6 months ago, one of my co-workers (Chad) returned from lunch to find (inexplicably) a banana on his desk. The banana had on its peel a funny face - made by a blue felt marker.
The face was very silly. In fact it looked a lot like this.
Chad was not amused. In fact, he went to each person on our team (there were about 8 of us) demanding to know who was the culprit. No one claimed responsibility, and so Chad's final bitter words had been, "I just can't believe no one will admit to it."
And so the story ended.
Until today.
The Banana Bandit Returns
I received this IM today from Chad...
Chad: are you the banana bandit?
karren: the what?
karren: stealing bananas?
karren: is that why you asked me what I had for lunch :-)
Chad: no the banana bandit has struck again, although I'm not convinced it's the same person, but who knows...quite a little mystery
Chad: you know how in horror movies, like scary movie the person is different but carries on the act
karren: hahahaha
karren: right
karren: it's a sick horror story
karren: involving bananas
karren: so does this one have a face on it too?
Chad: no, a picture of a banana
karren: lol
Chad: very classic
karren: on a banana?
karren: that kind of cracks me up more than a face
Chad: well the mystery will continue
Chad: I trust none of ya
Chad: you all did it, as far as I'm concerned
Chad: just wish the banana would have been a little less ripe, that way i would have eaten it
At this time, I went to see the banana for myself. I was very disappointed. I expected the banana to be a small drawing centered as the face before had been. Instead it looked like a banana shaped ruler. Very disappointing. I discussed it further with my co-worker Christina.
christina: maybe chad put it on his own desk to get attention :-)
christina: LOL
christina: you can tell him i said that
christina: that is SO FUNNY
(Chad's response:)
Chad: I am very attention starved
However, I know it was not Chad. I have my own opinions on who it is, but just as before, I am also confident that he/she will not come forward. And so it ends again.
For now.
2 comments:
Bananas are often a source of hilarity.
This is awesome.
Post a Comment