My sister called me today to tell me about a dear family friend's passing this morning. Our friend Hiro was quite young (in his 30s) and it was a shock to hear the news. I didn't know of his heart condition, as others did, and was saddened to hear of his death.
My mind thinks back to my dear friend Kate who passed away in November 2010. Like Hiro, she was young and a person of pure heart. While I grieve the loss of these friends, I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with them and for the influence they continue to have in my life. They were both great examples of faith and sincere kindness to others.
 |
| Hiro - his name means "generous" |
 |
| Kate - a kindred spirit |
Hiro was in the singles ward with my siblings for years while I was at BYU. He was their
home teacher and, more than that, a true friend. Hiro seemed to always include me (and all of my family) in his service to my siblings. Hiro was often at my family's house spending time with us and was always smiling and full of humor. On one occasion I remember him going so far as to bring me a souvenir from one of his trips to Japan - a magnet to add to my magnet collection :) Hiro, as a wedding present to my sister, drove the limo for her wedding. He was consistently thoughtful and generous. I know so many had similar experiences with Hiro.
I'm grateful for each life that touches mine for good and hope to express that gratitude often when given the opportunity. I love you, Hiro and Kate! Thank you for your friendship and may God bless your families who miss you every day.
Related to prior posts here and here.
1 comment:
Sweet post, KT!
Hiro and Kate were both such service oriented people that can serve as real examples to us :) Grateful for them and their memories!
well said, my friend.
Post a Comment