Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What we did (last week)

  • I got a fever on Monday & tonsillitis on Tuesday
  • I finished my last 2 days of full-time work on those same days :)
  • We both flew to Portland Wednesday morning
  • 5 hours after our descent my right ear finally popped
  • We visited my in-laws--had a fantastic time with them, as usual!
  • Bruce worked from the secret Portland Google Office
  • Thursday I took the bus into downtown Portland and blissed out at Powell's, Anthropologie, Nordstrom Rack J. Crew, and a new find: Joe's Burgers! Their PB cup milkshake was amazing and the service staff made my day! Also, how much do I love that Oregon has no (0) sales tax!? So much.
  • (Also on Thursday) we met a very shy chocolate lab puppy named Truffles!
  • Friday Bruce took me to an urgent care clinic -- I got a Z-Pack (antibiotics) and started feeling better almost immediately
  • Saturday we went out to breakfast with my brother-in-law David and his wife Amanda before going to my sister-in-law Kristy's wedding (some pics on Amanda's blog here) at the Portland temple. The ceremony was simple and tender and we are so excited that Kristy and Josh are married
  • The sun came out on Saturday for the wedding -- it was beautiful! My In-Laws had planted beautiful spring flowers all around their home and the flowers done by my sister-in-law Shanna were the best I've ever seen at a wedding. Kristy's bouquet was especially beautiful. Did I mention I loved the flowers?
  • Sunday I ate a gazillion orange rolls and then we flew home.

2 comments:

amanda said...

So fun to hang out. Thanks for breakfast! We will come visit soon!

Jess said...

Wow...packed week! Glad you're feeling better!