Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Sweet Nothings

I just have to document this because it made me so happy and I don't want to forget these little moments.

Monday - I dropped off my older nephew from school at a friend's house. I went in the back room to interrupt my younger nephew Tommy (2 1/2) at play to get a quick hug. I said, 'Tommy, can you come give me a hug?' His head popped out of the play house he was in and he said 'Of course!' before running over to me to give me a sweet hug and kiss.

Wednesday (today) - I went to my parents' house to use their phone (since I had forgotten mine). I walked in and Tommy ran up the stairs immediately to me. His mom said, 'well, that's the first time today he's been excited about anything!' He gave me a big hug and asked me 'where's Bruce?' I explained Bruce wasn't around and instead of climbing down, he continued to hug me as we walked downstairs. Then he said to me in his little baby voice, 'I've miss'd you so much.' I hadn't quite heard so I asked him what he'd said and he said it again. Oh my! my heart just melted then and there. I love that baby boy!

2 comments:

Melanie Cooley said...

Too cute! I had a similar experience, but with a dog. I stop by my boss' house ever day after work to drop things off and their golden retriever is so old it hardly moves, but is at the door like clockwork for a pet on the head. One day I came at a different time and the dog was upstairs and it freaked out the moment he recognized me and tried to run down before I left, hobbling and ran into the wall about 3 times, and slid into the door. Needless to say I waited for him, but it made my night that he loved my daily visits. :)

AliceK[i]ND said...

Awesome.

Just wait until it's your OWN child! :)