Bruce still has to go to work (bummer) and, incidentally, has a scout campout that night. In the 6+ months we've been married, the only time we've spent apart has been when I've had business trips, so this will be quite the novelty: having 100% discretionary time by myself for ~30 hours.
I have a lot of ideas in my head, but I've decided to play it by ear and keep things relaxed. Here are a few things I'm considering:
- sleeping in (both Friday AND Saturday!)
- hiking "the dish" at Stanford, or maybe just
- going for a run, or maybe
- getting a massage* at Courtside Club** in Los Gatos & then working out at their gym*** & maybe also using their amazing steam room with eucalyptus oil mmmmmm
- seeing my nephews
- cleaning out some files / papers
- seeing the new Jane Eyre in theaters****
*Let it be noted that Bruce gets free massages at Google (or heavily discounted at least) -- so I deserve one now, obviously.
**We got massages at Courtside Club last year for Bruce's birthday and pretty much that day was THE tipping point on us deciding to get hitched****, so you can see it's a good idea for me to go back to this place.
***You get free access to the club (gym, steam room, pool...) when you buy spa services. Luckily, their massages are way more affordable than most spas since they are primarily a gym.
****Bruce has suggested I do this one without him. hehe
****Bruce has suggested I do this one without him. hehe
***** kinda kidding on that one - but only kinda.
5 comments:
Nice! It is Good Friday though, so it may not be too random.
ooh, get a massage! I'm dying to get one. work all my academic stress out of my body! sounds awesome! have a fun weekend!
Yeah, I know, but they called it "Spring Break" on our company calendar, so not sure if they choose it for Good Friday on purpose or not...either way, I'm happy!
If you end up seeing Jane Eyre, let me know what you think. I personally loved it and I thought it was shot beautifully, but nothing can match the book, right?
How was Jane Eyre?
It was good! They did a good job abridging it, I think. Whits was right, though: Nothing can compare to the book, sigh...
Post a Comment