Friday morning I flew to Seattle for Strawbs' wedding. My first time in Washington State!
Strawbs and (now) Mrs. Strawbs!
Pike Place Market I went with my Nielson cousins in a bus to Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. Strawbs has 10 siblings (one is on a mission right now) and they and their spouses and I all piled in the bus. It was a nice bus. We crossed the water and had a great time listening to Strawbs give us a tour as we went downtown.
kt, delighted to be on the bus:

Lizzy's husband:

At Pike Place, we all piled out of the bus (at Pike & Pine) and split up. About half of us ate cheese together at Beecher's; cheese and mac & cheese (made with penne), and grilled cheese. My aunt Mary bought No Woman cheese. "A nutty Jamaican cheese with cloves and brown sugar." Yum.
Then, Strawbs & soon-to-be-Mrs. Strawbs took me to the fruit market, where I bought dried strawberries (wow!) and a comice pear. We also sampled white truffle oil, pumpkin butter, and lavendar raspberry jam.
The fruit was too beautiful:

We then went back to Pike & Pine and got hot chocolate and ginger snap cookies (giant three dollar cookies). They were so soft and good, I kept thinking about them all weekend and have not stopped thinking about them since.
4 comments:
whoa, my husband is so much cuter than that picture depicts. he is unhappy with you. it's his own fault though.
true. On both points: he is better looking than that picture depicts and it is his own fault. =)
Wow, I know these kids, they slept on my floor! Congrats on the big day!
I am so jealous. I would have loved to be there with you all.
Post a Comment