----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was talking with a very dear friend of mine about what I've learned through visiting teaching in 2006/2007 - how while we sometimes make being "buddy buddy" our primary goal with those who we are trying to encourage, it is in fact the doctrine and the witness of the Holy Ghost which will really change hearts. There was a specific quote in the VTing message in February 2007 about the difference between being "convinced" and being "converted" - so it all reminded me of this.
We discussed that when we are fellowshipping, YES we need to build friendships, but MOST importantly we have a responsibility to testify boldly and to teach/discuss doctrine. I think sometimes we are self-conscious or think that boldness would be inappropriate or overbearing, but I know that we can be bold and sensitive at the same time - and in fact boldness is EVERYWHERE in the New Testament.
Below are some examples. I did a search on boldness and these were the results that stood out to me:
http://scriptures.lds.org/en
I think sometimes we feel inadequate to testify, so this is comforting.
http://scriptures.lds.org/en
http://scriptures.lds.org/en
I REALLY LOVE this scripture, and I don't remember having noticed it before.
http://scriptures.lds.org/en
It occurred to me, as I read this, that if we have perfect love for those we are testifying to, then we shouldn't be self-conscious / fear having boldness.
http://scriptures.lds.org/en
The same idea, about not being bold, yet not overbearing.
Link to the search: http://scriptures.lds.org/en
No comments:
Post a Comment